Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its pretty cold tonight - but I can't get the boot open on my 107 - any ideas ? is it likley to have just seized ? - or is something else going on ?

C

·
0 Posts
It could be frozen, but I've never come it on these.

If its under warranty, back to the dealer.

Alternatively get into the boot via the back seat and use a 10mm spanner to undo the 2 bolts that hold the lock mechanism in place. With some wiggling to you should be able to open the tailgate with the mechanism attached and have a look.

He boot button operates a short lever that operates the mech - there's not much to go wrong, and if its been lined as it should at each service its unlikely to fail, so I would suspect freezing on the first instance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be frozen, but I've never come it on these.

If its under warranty, back to the dealer.

Alternatively get into the boot via the back seat and use a 10mm spanner to undo the 2 bolts that hold the lock mechanism in place. With some wiggling to you should be able to open the tailgate with the mechanism attached and have a look.

He boot button operates a short lever that operates the mech - there's not much to go wrong, and if its been lined as it should at each service its unlikely to fail, so I would suspect freezing on the first instance.

Tried it tonight and it opened without issue - so hopefully it was just frozen, its a 2007 model - which I brought in a private sale (no warranty) - it does have full service history. How can i lubricate the lock to prevent it seizing, and what products should I use...?

·
6,431 Posts
As the tailgate glass is direct to rubber i would put a smear of vaseline or spray some silicone spray on tailgate rubber to stop them freezing together. I do all my door seals in the winter to stop them sticking/freezing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts