Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 106 has developed a whining noise from the front somewhere.

It happens in a straightline and when turning right but fades out when turning left, it becomes noticable at approx 30+ MPH. It increases with pitch the faster I go but does not change when changing gear.
Happens in or out of gear and clutch in or out.
Also still happens when braking.

I could feel some play in the left wheel bearing so had that changed but noise still there.
I have changed the driveshafts within the last 2 years albeit recon ones.
Could it the the inner joint on the driveshaft? or could be be some bearing in the gearbox?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome MOOSE.

I have actually changed both driveshafts within the last 18 months, albeit they were recon ones so not sure how long these are supposed to last.

A few people have suggested it could be the right wheel bearing, but would this fade out when turning left, with the more weight on it? Im not sure.
I must admit it does sound like it is coming from the right hand side but it is difficult to locate the sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is suffering with this problem i have replaced 2 wheelbearings one was faulty and lasted a month i had it on the rollers at work it was pulling on the right hand side so i assumed it was a warped disc but it did not cure it. It seemsthere is loads of things to cause a rumble so i think its a case of trial and error

1 - 4 of 4 Posts