Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 106 quicksilver and it is chugging on tick over and every so often bogs down and if i keep my foot on half throttle kicks back up after a couple of seconds, I think it could be down to coilpack but im not too sure. also the previous owner fitted a k&n air filter ive put the original air box back on but they broke the air flow sensor so not too sure if that could be anything to do with it. Most confusing part is that im not loosing power its still quick...........confused.com.
Any ideas people?????????????

·
Registered
822 Posts
This sensor tells the computer the condition of the air flowing into the engine, ie.. barometric pressure, humidity. This is important, because this sensor allows the computer to adjust the injector pulse to compensate for higher altitudes and other changes in atmospheric conditions. There is usually a secondary sensor called the air charge temperature sensor that signals the computer the ambient temperature of the air coming into the engine.
All weather changes affect the air/fuel mixture of an engine. Warm air allows for better air/fuel mixtures do to vaporization. Fuel doesn't vaporize very well in cold weather.
I would start by fitting new mass air if broken mate, take it from there, it can only help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts