Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya

Very new to the forum so hi again :D.

My trouble is my car, a 1998 106 takes several well lots of attempts to get it started, the engine cranks well but its like the immobiliser is still on, I keep using the key to lock and open the doors to try to remove the immobiliser off and eventually it does start but the problem does seem to be getting worse.

Does anyone have any ideas about this please, hopefully its an easy and cheap fix

Thanks all

Julian :thumb:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hiya

Very new to the forum so hi again :D.

My trouble is my car, a 1998 106 takes several well lots of attempts to get it started, the engine cranks well but its like the immobiliser is still on, I keep using the key to lock and open the doors to try to remove the immobiliser off and eventually it does start but the problem does seem to be getting worse.

Does anyone have any ideas about this please, hopefully its an easy and cheap fix

Thanks all

Julian :thumb:
Do you get the warning bong if you open a door with the ignition switched in?
Malcolm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you get the warning bong if you open a door with the ignition switched in?
Malcolm.
I think my car is a little before the warning bongs or a bit to basic, if it's not then no I don't get that.

Also forgot to mention this does not happen all the time but when it does it's a pain in the............... :eek: cause I never know if it will actually start :nono:

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Immobiliser on this will not be affected by locking and unlocking the doors unless its a mk1 then it may still have the early version immobiliser but if it does then it would normally cut the starter only which was pretty useless :)

The type i think it will have cuts the feed to the coil but is a chip not the lock and unlock type there are also some keypad type.

regardless of version i recon its something electrical but NOT the immobiliser circuit they always get blamed but rarely are the real fault.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Immobiliser on this will not be affected by locking and unlocking the doors unless its a mk1 then it may still have the early version immobiliser but if it does then it would normally cut the starter only which was pretty useless :)

The type i think it will have cuts the feed to the coil but is a chip not the lock and unlock type there are also some keypad type.

regardless of version i recon its something electrical but NOT the immobiliser circuit they always get blamed but rarely are the real fault.
Thanks for the replying reliable406

All I can tell you about the model is...........it's a 1998 look 2, 106, with a 1.1 Ltr engine, it doesn't have the key pad immobiliser, but it does have the single button key fob, sadly I do only have one of these,

Hope this sheds a bit more light for you, I'm not sure if it's a MK1 as I'm a newbe to pugs :confused:

Cheers reliable406 :thumb:

Julian

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
look 2 is a clue its a phase 2 so has a chip immobiliser system locking and unlocking will not make any difference there is a little box under dash passenger side if you unplug this while running then the immobiliser will stay off BUT i doubt its your real problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look 2 is a clue its a phase 2 so has a chip immobiliser system locking and unlocking will not make any difference there is a little box under dash passenger side if you unplug this while running then the immobiliser will stay off BUT i doubt its your real problem.

Ok cool, it's worth a try, then at least that possible problem can be eliminated,

Thanks again for that,

Julian :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts