Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi im having problems with a leak from the gearbox seal on the drivers side on a 1.1 106 petrol it has been replaced 3 times and is still leaking anyone any idea what would be the problem? Ps there has been new cv joints fitted on both sides .

·
Registered
179 Posts
Are you sure you haven't damaged the flange when removing the original seal or is there something on the driveshaft lifting the lip of the seal? They are the only places it could leak from and you won't have had two faulty replacements.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi what do you mean by a flange?sorry in nit really sure as i have mechanic going to do the work!what i have noticed is there is a bit more movement in the driveshaft than the other side is the a bearing maybe that had gone that is making the shaft push down on the seal?just cant think of anything else holding the seal up as you said when u lift the driveshaft up and down you can see were the oil is coming from it and its obviously dripping down to the bottom of car

·
Registered
179 Posts
The MA gearbox is prone to diff failure so i hope this isn't a preliminary sign of failure. You shouldn't have any up/down or side to side play play n the driveshaft.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The other thing i thought of is if the gearbox breather pipe is blocked would it be pushing oil past the seal??

·
Registered
179 Posts
I doubt it would build up enough pressure to do that and if so surely it would leak from the other shaft as well. If you can move the shaft within the seal thats your cause, think you might have to start looking for a new 'box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there another seal or bearing behind the gearbox seal that might have gone??Put a new gearbox seal in yday and still leaking from the middle of the seal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The mechanic has taking the driveshaft out and measured the shaft in a digital fernier and found its running way off not smooth at all could this be a problem?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts