Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have a 106 Zest.

I can only start the engine if i apply the accelerator. When i remove my foot from the accelerator pedal the engine dies instantly.

The only other problem is the battery which has been poor over the cold period. I do not know if this is related in any way? I have had to jump start a couple of times. I only drive very short journeys. I have given the battery a full overnight charge and it seems to be fine. Turns the engine over very well but i cant keep the engine running unless i apply the accelerator. Cold or warm. Once i remove my foot from the pedal the engine dies instantly. It doesn't even try to idle for a second.

Your help and advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Not resolved

Not resolved: Removed the idle valve, spray cleaned to remove carbon deposits. Worked for a few hours. This morning the problem was back.

Problem persists. :confused:

Help and advice needed. :nono:

·
6,250 Posts
You could also have a short idle control valve sometimes cleaning will only work for a very short time.

Also how bad is the battery. If it in very poor shape low voltage can affect engine ECU etc. Above tickover the alternator maybe increasing voltage enough to prevent stalling etc. Stick a voltmeter on the battery to see if 12V is present or a jumper pack or borrowed battery to see if fault clears. Batteries are not to expensive from ECP for a 106.

·
6,250 Posts
You could also have a shot idle control valve sometimes cleaning will only work for a very short time.

Does it idle when hot is so could be coolant sensor u/s

Also how bad is the battery. If it in very poor shape low voltage can affect engine ECU etc. Above tickover the alternator maybe increasing voltage enough to prevent stalling etc. Stick a voltmeter on the battery to see if 12V is present or a jumper pack or borrowed battery to see if fault clears. Batteries are not to expensive from ECP for a 106.

Sorry double post

·
Registered
106 Posts
Check sparks
Check fuel
Air feed
Voltage of battery when running should be about 14v off should be around 11-12v

Spray some carb cleaner in the throttle body.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.

I have a 106 Zest.

I can only start the engine if i apply the accelerator. When i remove my foot from the accelerator pedal the engine dies instantly.

The only other problem is the battery which has been poor over the cold period. I do not know if this is related in any way? I have had to jump start a couple of times. I only drive very short journeys. I have given the battery a full overnight charge and it seems to be fine. Turns the engine over very well but i cant keep the engine running unless i apply the accelerator. Cold or warm. Once i remove my foot from the pedal the engine dies instantly. It doesn't even try to idle for a second.

Your help and advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Pete
hi pete your 106 problem is common to blocked slow running carburettor jet try ultrasonic cleaning or compressed air blow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts