Peugeot Forums banner

106 engine doesn't start. Where can I find a repair manual?

990 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CpLuAg 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am looking for help for my 1.0 i Peugeot 106. I inherited this car and want to make it my daily drive. After about 9 months of no use I tried to turn it on for the first time and it was cranking but the engine doesn't start (Battery is brand new). My plan is to check theese things (found on an online guide):
Air, spark, Compression, fuel, timing.
This looked to me as a solid start, hovewer my issue is that where can I find exact details about the cars interior? repair manual or some sort? for this exact model.
I am an absolute beginner in car repairs, but I dont want to pay a professional. I want to get into car reparis and as a broke student my best bet is to try it myself, and on the other hand a full repair would probably cost me more than the value of the car itself.

Thank you in advance!

#3 ·
A bit late reply, I tried the Haynes manual, looked into google and got it starting by first using starting fluid, so I confirmed it as a fuel issue, then got new fuel. And it runs, but couldn't start on lover fuel levels (about 1/4), my next step is to replace fuel filter, It should be at least 3+ years old, if it doesn't fix the issue then a new fuel pump.
(the car had issues with starting at low fuel before, took at least twice as many cranks.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.