Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...I really hope someone on here has some idea about this because it is driving me nuts! My wife's car is a 106 zest 1.8 diesel (non injected) and on cold starts it has the following issues:

1. It "surges" occasionally when driving until she warms up... the only way I can explain it is like my pug 205 XS when the twin carb opens up...its literally as if you have pressed the pedal down further. Once shes warm: no problem!

2. again, after cold starting, its occasionally as if she is being choked off and the car has even cut out once or twice for no reason... it hasn't happened when she is warmed up though.

Now this car does only do around 8000 a year and I know that a diesel isn't the best option for this but it was all I could afford for the wife at the time and she loves it now so whaddaya gonna do? I have a suspicion that it is the fuel pump or possibly a filter? My mechanic is as honest as he is clueless about what is causing this so any help would be much appreciated....this cant be the only car with this problem surely?

regards Puggsley

C

·
0 Posts
When was it last serviced? All Filters etc? Common fault of fuel starvation is a blocked filter cheap and easy place to start

·
Registered
22 Posts
If its a 106 diesel then it is never going to be a 1.8 none injection . It will be 1.5 and all diesels are " Injection"

Things to change

Air filter ( I bet it is partly blocked )

Fuel filter ( I bet there is water in it )

The fuel filter is easier to change if you remove the air filter box ( it just lifts out after you have undone the 10mm bolt on the clamp ) that saves having to remove the battery to get your hand in .

you could try to drain the fuel filter by turning the valve on the bottom of it , but at just £4 for a new one it is hardly worth it .

Check all the pipe clips on the air intake and make sure there are no broken pipes .

get it out on a motorway and give it a thrashing .

Hope this helps .

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts