Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have recently purchased an MOT failed 106, i am tackling the problems well, however, the instrument cluster is not working properly.

-The brake warning light is always on, i have checked the hand break switch and reservoir sensor, all seems ok.

-the glow plug light nor check engine light come on with ignition (someone has wired in a manual glow plug heater into a switch)

- the tach docent work

i have tried a know working cluster and same problem occurs.

occasionally when driving the tach CEL and glow plug light will flicker or work for a second.

I believe the only thing that feeds the tach is the TDC sensor which when running is supplying voltage to the plug on the back of the cluster.

Electrical faults is really not my thing

Any help is much apreciated

James

·
5,034 Posts
No they wear out sometimes and don't make correct contacts etc. We had a 205 that the return spring had broken so you had to remember to manually return key after engaging starter

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have checked my ignition switch all seems to be fine, i think i have narrowed it down to two wires, which should have 12v on when cranking, but have a constant 8.5v... i don't understand how voltage can leak to other wires like that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts