Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to identify a connector, I think to the fuel injector. It connects the harness with a four pin female socket on the harness side to four pin male on the side of the assembly. This is damaged on mine - the clip on one side has broken off - which may be behind an intermittent issue. The engine revs when idling, rhmmm, rhmmm, rhmmm, etc. It also at one point had difficulty starting, unless I pressed the accelerator, on which it immediately started. The garage fiddled with it, didn't charge me, but suggested the SPI was failing and that they are impossible to replace. For a couple of weeks it has run perfectly, and now it has started revving again. I have just unplugged the connector, which seemed a little loose, retained only on one side, and the issue seem to have gone. The next couple of days will tell, but meanwhile I will try to source a connector. I'll try to attach a photo. All help appreciated. Tony.
P1130474.JPG P1130477.JPG P1130476.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am stunned by the complete lack of response to what must be a simple question. This is the second Peugeot form I have posted on.

·
2,979 Posts
Hi...to try and help...have you thought about looking for a scrap car and 'cutting the plug off another and soldering it on yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealers can supply some connectors as they have their own section on Servicebox. Another option could be Simtek or EFI Parts

Simtek website EFI Parts
Thanks folks, what I really need to do is to be able to specify the connector - I would think they are generic, a few Peugeots at least will use them - so I can say, have you got a 4 way PUG 22 thingie please? I suppose I could just take a photo to a parts shop, but that depends on THEM identifying it, and past experience .... often don't get the right part when you know it! My Haynes does not even show it. The problem anyhow, doesn't look to be the connector, as it reccurs when it is securely in place. I guess it does need replacing at some time if I keep the car. THANKYOU again, great to hear some voices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts