Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1007 is really reliable except for 1 issue. It suddenly acquired this fault. When i stop the engine there are times when it simply doesn't want to start. First thing in the morning the footbrake is always firm but after driving for awhile it becomes spongy. It always starts first thing in the morning or if it's been left for a few hours. I turn the key and there is a click just like the starter motor with a flat battery. I pump the footbrake and sometimes this does the trick, then sometimes it doesn't work. Sometimes it will start a minute later, sometimes it takes an hour. Spookily, if I phone the RAC or a friend as soon as they arrive it starts. I replaced the alternator and battery and nothing has changed. The RAC bloke said it is the starter motor. I went to my local garage and he said common fault on these is the starter motor earth. I think they are both wrong, I'm loathe to spend more money until I meet an engineer who sounds like he knows what he's talking about. , I think it may be something to do with the immobiliser or the brake pedal.....I see lots of similar threads but I cant see any success I'm willing to try anything within reason and nothing that involves nudity.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its neither the immobiliser or the brake pedal your brake issue is something else entirely

Your starting issue is a bad earth or a bad starter possibly both !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts