Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have recently purchased a 1007, but both key fob blades are loose. I have opened up the remote, and found how the system works, ie a short spring located under the chrome button is put in place under tension, for the blade to retract into the remote body. The problem arises when you try to replace the cover of the remote, and keeping the spring in place.
I would be grateful for any advice.
Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RonT

Many thanks for your replies, but it is actually a Peugeot 1007 I have,! , not a 407. I'm not sure if you were referring to all Peugeot key fobs.
I have looked on Amazon as someone suggested, but I guess the 1007 is not as common, they don't seem to keep them.
As stated in my original post, I can get the spring in place, but the problem is getting the top of the case back into place, whilst keeping the spring in place.:

·
5,071 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Peugeot 1007 and both of my key fobs fell apart last year, i managed to sellotape one together temporarily but I needed a new one, contacted a Peugeot dealership and I had to purchase a key through them and then have it connected to the car, it cost £156 for the key and £100 for them to have the car for an hour to connect it to the car, now I only have 1 key to my car, as they are so expensive and I treat it very carefully, I've also taken out key cover with my car insurance company too in case it happens again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problems with my 1007 keys.Did you have any luck solving the problem? any help you can pass on would be appreciated.
cheers
Joannie

·
Registered
2 Posts
1007 key fob

Problem solved -have purchased new fob from TOPFOBS £8.99 plus free postage and two spare batteries.Instructions how to transfer your circuit board.Had one problem so e mailed for help.Problem solved (immoboliser chip) new fob now works a treat. So far so good.
Hope this is of help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts