Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just checking whether anyone else has this problem.

Its a 1.4 dolcie petrol with 30K

The other night I was sitting in car with engine ticking over and then it cut out. Would not start. Plenty of petrol but wouldn't start

Got it towed home and left it until morning.
Next morning tried to start car with no accelarator and away she went for 10 seconds then cut out again. Despite repeated attempts thats all it will do. Turn key, starts for 10 seconds then cuts out.
Even when it is running for that brief time it will NOT take any accelerater, just dies with the depression of the right foot.

Any thoughts please.
bp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aye I will have to do that but its wednesday before all the places are open.

bit of a hassle no car over xmas but thats the problem with all this computer operated cars.

whats tiptronic?
bp

·
Registered
67 Posts
Triptronic/2tronic means the electronic manual gearbox with no clutch pedal, your problem can be any of the following throttle body,wiring plugs,censors,pedal potential meter,alternator/generator,fuel pump, start to check if you have fuel pressure, there is a small tire valve like fitting on fuel injectors fuel rack were u can connect a. Pressure gauge, check voltage and make sure it's above 12.4 volts. If still a problem check my help post to get help by my Facebook page for more in-depth help at the documents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts