Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive got a 1007 and the battery went flat. when i try and use the key in the lock it will not unlock. So i cannot open any doors or release the bonnet to jump start etc. Any ideas on how to open it up?

·
5,071 Posts
ANOTHER one :eek:

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, copied this from an earlier thread.

'Jack up the front of the car, remove the lower engine cover ( if you have one ), find the starter motor, connect the red jump-lead to the large termnal( the one with the nut on it ) the other to a good earth, then connect to a second battery, the remote locking should now work.
Cheers john'

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Peugeot 1007 Diesel and I am locked out of the car. The battery is in very good condition - the buttons on the key (also new battery) do nothing except trigger a message on the dash saying "Economy Mode Active". The manual lock on the driver's door does nothing - have been told that the only way into the car is to smash a window - Surely this is not correct - would Peugeot design such a car - this is dangerous.

Things tried so far:
- Got bonnet open - way to do this is to remove the under-engine cover and slip your hand up and pull on the release cable.
- Battery was in perfect, charged condition - even tried connecting to a friend's car to ensure power - no luck.
- removed all fuses - all intact and ok
- disconnected battery and waited 24 hours.... no luck...
- Called RAC - spent an hour.... - forced apart top of door - with a bar, pulled inside door handles and pressed lock button - no luck - removed all cables from ECU.... gave up
Phoned Peugeot Customer services - nice, but only resolution.... you've got it, remove or break a window.....

So, thanks Peugeot for designing an inanimate lump of useless metal.:mad:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I have a Peugeot 1007 Diesel and I am locked out of the car. The battery is in very good condition - the buttons on the key (also new battery) do nothing except trigger a message on the dash saying "Economy Mode Active". The manual lock on the driver's door does nothing - have been told that the only way into the car is to smash a window - Surely this is not correct - would Peugeot design such a car - this is dangerous.

Things tried so far:
- Got bonnet open - way to do this is to remove the under-engine cover and slip your hand up and pull on the release cable.
- Battery was in perfect, charged condition - even tried connecting to a friend's car to ensure power - no luck.
- removed all fuses - all intact and ok
- disconnected battery and waited 24 hours.... no luck...
- Called RAC - spent an hour.... - forced apart top of door - with a bar, pulled inside door handles and pressed lock button - no luck - removed all cables from ECU.... gave up
Phoned Peugeot Customer services - nice, but only resolution.... you've got it, remove or break a window.....

So, thanks Peugeot for designing an inanimate lump of useless metal.:mad:
im a vehicle locksmith and come across this and the method i used was to either take the blade out of the key or cut another blade then do what rac did and put blade in ignition using a bit of wire and then turn on and wind window down, then you can press unlock button or put full key in ignition

if the key does not turn in door lock then either the lock has seized or its wrong lock (i have seen a car with wrong door lock fitted from factory)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
FWIW with Peugeot, normally the safety logic built in to the BSI unit will automatically remove the deadlocks if the ignition is switched ON.

Works on a multiplexed 206, might work on a 1007 & other PSA products.

No idea if the transponder chip inside the key is the reason why OR if just turning the ignition on is the trigger.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
FWIW with Peugeot, normally the safety logic built in to the BSI unit will automatically remove the deadlocks if the ignition is switched ON.

Works on a multiplexed 206, might work on a 1007 & other PSA products.

No idea if the transponder chip inside the key is the reason why OR if just turning the ignition on is the trigger.
Well it's easier to fit just a blade in and then wind windows down as you can do anything through windows the

·
Registered
3 Posts
1007 - Door won't unlock - Recall Needed by Peugeot

It seems the only way to resolve this idiotic situation, thanks Peugeot, is for the key to be in the ignition and turned to the 'on' position. If I had all the bits to make rod with a key on the end, that would have been a good solution, and if I keep this car, which is doubtful - no more Peugeots for me, I will consider making a device fir this purpose. You also need a wedge and one of those air bag things to pry the door open enough to get the device in. So Peugeot, tell me, should I carry this kit around with me, just in case it happens when I am away from home? The thing of most concern is, my Partner used to borrow this car, now she works at a few secure sites, sometimes late into the evening, had this happened to her, it would have put her in a very vulnerable situation.

Again I ask, How can Peugeot design such a stupid feature into their car. A simple solution would have been to either enable the drivers side door to be manually unlocked with the key, or the hatch could also have a key barrel..... I think a recall is in order... What do you think Peugeot?

Also, I plan to write to all the press and radio programs, in order that people are made aware of this design fault. I suggest Peugeot informs all owners of 1007 that this situation could occur.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
It seems the only way to resolve this idiotic situation, thanks Peugeot, is for the key to be in the ignition and turned to the 'on' position. If I had all the bits to make rod with a key on the end, that would have been a good solution, and if I keep this car, which is doubtful - no more Peugeots for me, I will consider making a device fir this purpose. You also need a wedge and one of those air bag things to pry the door open enough to get the device in. So Peugeot, tell me, should I carry this kit around with me, just in case it happens when I am away from home? The thing of most concern is, my Partner used to borrow this car, now she works at a few secure sites, sometimes late into the evening, had this happened to her, it would have put her in a very vulnerable situation.

Again I ask, How can Peugeot design such a stupid feature into their car. A simple solution would have been to either enable the drivers side door to be manually unlocked with the key, or the hatch could also have a key barrel..... I think a recall is in order... What do you think Peugeot?

Also, I plan to write to all the press and radio programs, in order that people are made aware of this design fault. I suggest Peugeot informs all owners of 1007 that this situation could occur.
the key should work in the door so you have a fault with the lock, you could look at the lock once you have gained entry, where about are you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Peugeot 1007 HELP! CAN'T GET INTO CAR

HI
New here and have read all previous post. This happen to me yesterday. The car has been playing about for the last 2 weeks but i have managed to open it. I first thought it was the fob's battery but that was not the case. Yesterday it gave up. My husband got under the car and released the bonnet and battery was reading 11.9 (i am assuming that is low?) anyway what i am asking is do i break a window to gain access or do i put a new battery before i go breaking things? or do i pay for a locksmith?
Thank you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts