Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to All :)

I paired the iPhone with the built in Bluetooth system and everything works much better than I had anticipated.
The phone is almost instantly recognised by its personalised Name and the Contacts list of Telephone Numbers can be displayed on the in car screen whilst all Calls can be controlled by the appropriate vehicle switches/controls.
The call sound clarity emitted from the Radio has to be heard to be believed.

Then i1007 decided that the new 'toy' would benefit by being converted into a Sat Nav courtesy of installing the Navigon Mobile Navigator App from iTunes.
I must say the performance of this software is very impressive in that it responds very quickly, represents the route excellently, is accurate [almost all the time] and gives clear spoken directions.
In fact there is only one thing that bugs me.

I am not a young person and the combination of motorway road noise and the limited audio volume output of the iPhone give rise to directions being swamped, making the Voice Directions difficult to hear.
Of course missing a vital turn negates the purpose of using the device.

It will be fantastic if the Voice Directions can be made to function in a manner similar to that of Telephone Calls, i.e. the Radio output is muted upon input from the phone.
I am hoping someone here can advise regarding a solution.
My thoughts on alternatives are that perhaps that A2DP may not be enabled on the vehicle system, an FM Transmitter may make the Voice Directions audible via the Radio or perhaps Bluetooth Headphones would give the result desired?
Can the car Bluetooth be set up to handle the Voice Directions [+ possibly other iPhone output?] and does anyone have any experience with these alternatives or anything I have not looked into?

Whilst I would like to listen to music during a journey I am not adverse to lose the ability to receive Telephone Calls and even killing the music when the Sat Nav is in use.

Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am afraid it has the Monochrome Screen, and none of the juicy options that where available.
From reading here it seems as though although upgrading may be an option it might be extortionately expensive?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
239 Posts
personally I find it worthless because I don't drive much these days and have it on my phone so not worth the effort on upgrading the system ( personal choice of course ) but it looks good and that's it,

it gets boring after time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You were too quick for me pugbod :) .

Yes it is a 2007 57 Reg, I have the Original Handbook and also obtained it from the Peugeot site and manipulated the download/s into a PDF version.
The icing on the cake is that the latter has been copied to the iPhone for 'on the road' access to all the info.

You can see how I like wasting my time :lol: .

Unless I have missed it I do not think there are any setting given for my version, perhaps you can put me right?
I would like that to be the case, but it's not usually part of my luck.

I will be very interested to learn what your trawling reveals, mine got me here so that activity has proved more than worthwhile.
May I ask what the software does that you are waiting on?

Like you I do not drive much these days, old habits do not die hard in my case as I was glad to 'lose' the endless trekking.
I travel now by choice overnight and on my first trip with the iPhone as Sat Nav I was really pleased to have it up and running.
It is usable with care so I deliberately decided to cut across country to test the beast, it proved to be wonderful for the purpose.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have dealt with Citroen's mostly over the last ten years and the same thing comes up ( people want to add the color screen ) only issue is you need diagnostic tool to establish the link so pug planet 2000 is required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts