Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:confused:

Just got my engineers diagnostics report back from Peugeot Rochdale to the cost of 80 sods anyway I've been told it's the passenger door internal handle acuator that seized, has anybody changed one because I would love to solve this small issue and a little help would be of great help I am not a mechanic but I am a engineer and surely it must be a straight forward procedure it's electronically fed 1 out 1 in or am I being optimistic by saying that.

Thank you in advance Marty

D

·
0 Posts
Make sure you get someone who knows these cars. They can be alot of grief.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Marty

I've just tackled a door actuator, not as bad as you might think. I removed small panel from door card to reveal actuator, mine was visibly broken, so proceeded to remove 2 screws under panel then popped all the fasteners on the door card. The door handle is retained by another screw and then slides off the door, revealing the two fixing screws for the actuator. I removed it quite easily in the end and then swapped the part from the passenger side to make sure that a new part would fix.

My replacement is on order with Peugeot and should have in time for weekend fix. Spares guy said he had sold 5 actuators this month, looks like they are all failing, not a good design.

Hope that helps

Ian

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts