Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Turbo issues....?

Hey guys. Just over a year ago I bought a used 307 HDi 1.4. I took it too a garage a few days later due to lack of power all of a sudden and it took a long long time to "diagnose" the issue.

We ended up having the following work done:

1 cylinder Head gasket
2 DV4TD Pistons
Piston ring set
4 glow plugs
4 lifters were replaced
New exhaust manifold

I then picked it up in the morning and took it too work but broke down with a major lack of power still and the turbo heat shield was on fire!

So I just had the turbo replaced and seemed brilliant the first day I drove it, kicked in great at around 18000/2000 revs... But the next day the power seems to be draining again.

It still pulls but the turbo is no longer giving a "kick" and decent acceleration.

What else could it possibly be?!? Its almost as if the turbo is getting clogged up over time?? I just dont know... Im getting tired of spending money on everything and it still not being solved. :confused:

D

·
0 Posts
The catalytic converter has probably turned in the exhaust. Its a very common problem in them. It kills all the power as the exhaust is blocked.
Why did they end up putting pistons in the engine???

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They replaced the pistons because they were battered... looked as though the previous owner had put petrol in! The garage thought this was the cause of reduced power as the pressure would be low.

Would a blocked cat cause gradual power loss though? seems weird how when they put the new turbo in, it ran great for a day then dipped the next day.

will give it another good run tomorrow see if still the same.

D

·
0 Posts
Yes it would. In fairness if the turbo was done then they would have noticed the BALL of cat rattling around inside in the exhaust when they took it off.
Have they the engine timed up right?
Again it would not start if there was no cam/crank sync.
Cars that have had petrol run through them tend to give bother down the road. I had a Partner van that was never right afterwards. It was burning oil something savage after say six months after the petrol incident.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got the car back again!

They removed the center bit of the CAT and is now pulling perfectly and kicking in around 2k revs

He mentioned I will need a new CAT though when it comes up for its MOT in 11 months as the emissions will be high. How much is a new CAT, anyone recommend anywhere?

·
Registered
117 Posts
people have removed the CAT with no effect on MOT. There are several mentions of it in the 'remove your FAP for less than £100' thread. Bettyswollocks has removed the CAT and FAP with no problems :thumb:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Just got the car back again!

They removed the center bit of the CAT and is now pulling perfectly and kicking in around 2k revs

He mentioned I will need a new CAT though when it comes up for its MOT in 11 months as the emissions will be high. How much is a new CAT, anyone recommend anywhere?
The easy solution would be to have your emissions tested now to see if they do indeed fail an MOT. Then when in 11 months time ur MOT is due you wont be scratching your head wondering weather you need a new cat or not.....:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts