Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1.6i NFU ok after battery disconnect, then becomes TOO RICH

Hello,
it is great to read so many advices on this great forum, but I have not found a solution to my problem.

2003 307SW 1.6 (NFU) 140.000Km
In the last year the following has been replaced:

• EXHAUST SYSTEM (from the CAT back)
  • ALTERNATOR
  • STARTER MOTOR
  • RADIATOR
  • SPARK PLUG
  • THERMOSTAT
  • WATER TEMP SENDER (the blue one)
  • OIL and FILTERS
But the car is continuing to perform very badly:
- The engine dies at idle (I have to keep it accellerated)
- High Fuel Consumption
- No torque, powerless

When I disconnect the battery for 15min. the car resume its driveability (not 100% but at least it does not die at a red light), but after the first 200Kms everything is back as before.

I have AutoCom but I have not located any error code.

MY IDEA is that it is somehow related to the fuel system not getting the right information in order to provide the right amount of fuel. Maybe the oxygen sensor, or the air mass sensor (even if I could not find one on this engine). Maybe the cat converter is plugged, or the fuel pressure sensor.

Or maybe something much more easier that i could just not figure out.

Love the car, spent a lot on top of it, but lately it really makes me want to drive her last journey to the junkyard... if it did not "get well".

I appreciate any idea or suggestions.

Cheers,

Ari from Finland

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need a thorough diagnostic check. I'd recommend buying the Planet - Lexia equipment.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130
Hello Gibbo,
thank you for the fast reply.
Maybe I am a newby here, but not really sure if the Lexia could help me here. With the Autocom CDP I have access to the engine ECU and I can read realtime data, read the correction stored values, I can manually activate solenoids and perform the tests.

But as I said, I have very little experience with PSA cars. If it was a Volvo I could't agree more as there are many parameters that you can read and adjust just with the diCe-Vida.
Thankfully Lexia is not expensive, I found several brand new with software, on A*iexpress for £39 delivered.

Cheers,
Ari

·
11,711 Posts
Fair enough, but you said:

I have AutoCom but I have not located any error code.

MY IDEA is that it is somehow related to the fuel system not getting the right information in order to provide the right amount of fuel. Maybe the oxygen sensor, or the air mass sensor (even if I could not find one on this engine). Maybe the cat converter is plugged, or the fuel pressure sensor.
Planet would have more than likely picked up a fault code for any of these items if they are faulty, or the live data will show if they're mis-reading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts