Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have a 58reg 207 1.6 hdi that won't start. Drove home last night parked up and when I got out the car noticed interior light wasn't working, I tried the switches but didn't really think anything of it. When I went to lock the car it didn't work, it sets the alarm but central locking doesn't work. Tried to start it but no ignition only the center console works and stereo, Windows don't work heater doesn't work. I thought it might be battery so replaced it from my old car, still not working. Tried to reset bsi, won't do anything because no ignition. Gonna try all fuses when I get home tonight other than that not sure what to do. Can anyone list the earth points I should be checking?

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi.

I have a 58reg 207 1.6 hdi that won't start. Drove home last night parked up and when I got out the car noticed interior light wasn't working, I tried the switches but didn't really think anything of it. When I went to lock the car it didn't work, it sets the alarm but central locking doesn't work. Tried to start it but no ignition only the center console works and stereo, Windows don't work heater doesn't work. I thought it might be battery so replaced it from my old car, still not working. Tried to reset bsi, won't do anything because no ignition. Gonna try all fuses when I get home tonight other than that not sure what to do. Can anyone list the earth points I should be checking?
if your try start then turn off leaving the key in and open the drivers door does it beep to warn you the key is still in

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
thats good then as its seeing the key, have you checked any fuses or had it on planet yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry don't know what planet is. I had a quick look last night at the fuses but not all. I'm going to take test light and multimeter home with me from work to check them tonight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think I've found why the car is playing up. This car is an ex council company car and had a cb fitted, when it was removed the wires have been left and have touched together. I have checked all the fuses under the bonnet and glove box but none are blown. Do you know what the yellow wire is for?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts