Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I have a 2016 1.6hdi blue100 with oil pooling around injectors then running down past the oil filter on to the floor. Seems to be a lot of it but the oil level is fine. Running fine with no warning lights. Any ideas where it could be coming from or how to fix it? Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd definitely get that in under warranty

If you try and fix it and fail, then they'll definitely deny a claim!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I've got it booked in at Peugeot on Thursday. They've already told me any leaks might not be covered so I'll be liable for £96 diagnostic fee if they deem it not to be covered 🙄

·
Registered
814 Posts
Tell them to stuff it if they try to charge you. It's DEFINITELY 100% a warranty issue. It's not wear or tear or down to how you drove the vehicle. Just a manufacturing flaw that is a serious environmental / safety concern.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Peugeot have confirmed its the camshaft seal that is leaking and has caused the problem. Apparently their is a TSB for this so I should be covered under warranty. But due to the cost, they have to get permission to do the work which will take a few days??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah me too. They said it's a lot of work. Rocker assembly, injectors, cam shaft, seals, belts and possibly cylinder head all need replacing for some reason. Its only 3 weeks over the initial 2 year warranty so they said they have to get authorisation

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is. 2 years full unlimited warranty. 3rd year is discretional based on servicing etc. Luckily it has full service history to date so should be ok

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is a TSB for it on service box. I don't have subscription though. Leak between camshaft carrier and cylinder head. Not sure how this has got on top of the injectors though so looks like I have 2 leaks at least...... terrible car

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally, Peugeot have accepted the issue as warranty. Subject to photos of the fault and repair being submitted before and during the repair........

It was 2 years and 5 days old when I reported the fault so this seems a bit extreme but as long as it gets fixed I'm not bothered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How did you get on with this oil leak , I had the same problem work was done aug 2018 it’s now leaking again . Can’t see them doing it again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The work was completed under warranty. Bang on 12 months later the leak has started again but this time seems to be coming from the rocker cover above the rocker assembly/cylinder head seal that failed last time. Peugeot's fix was to seal the mated surfaces with black sealant so I've no idea how long it will last.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts