Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. interested in a 2008 1.6hdi.

does anyone know what the intervals were when the car was new in 2008. had they gone from 20k to 12k by then

looking at a car with 95k on the clock which has had 8 services so not far off

·
3,269 Posts
hi..I suppose im a bit old fashioned but I stilll prefer yearly not mileage...its not dear but it can be if left too long...

·
3,269 Posts
agree with jimmy....but I meant to say in my post at least....theirs no substitute for good oil....as a passing thought ...in my last job..some of the vehicles should have been fitted with hour meters like plant machines have as most my transits sat ticking over in the winter during lunch beaks....(no miles but loads of hours)

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi all i have had a few 1.6 hdis. my mums is only 150k now still original turbo. stick to 6k oil changes and genuine filter

i only asked when new as most 307s started off at 20k and thats what did some of the damage

even though the services are up to date i always change oil and filter when buying anyway

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
for the cost of one of those cheap readers, you can get a replacement battery for a laptop off ebay.

It'd probably be ok, it won't show as much in depth info as planet, and could miss some codes. But plenty of folks use them.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Buy a new battery for the laptop. Had plenty of non oem batteries for various laptops - mainly from Amazon and all have been at least as good as the OEM with most being better with a greater capacity than the original.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i already have the maxiscan obd reader. wont be able to get a battery in time either :( it works on my mums car which is a 2005.

to be honest the condition and the history speak volumes anyway

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
My 2010 308 1.6 HDi was set at 12.5k miles (20k km). That was for normal running. Arduous conditions should be a lot less. All this can be set with Planet.

I note the later model is now 16k miles.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi guys. brought the car :)

can anyone tell me if the guaze in the pickup pipes are meant to be taken out? will check them when i take the dpf off

1 - 13 of 13 Posts