Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had new turbo has a loud whistle for first 3 mins, then goes silent ish the itch a small idle whistle, it’s had a new turbo. Is it worth getting a obd scanning tool, been doing my head in for weeks don’t have a lot of money right now due to COVID etc

·
Registered
160 Posts
Was it a brand new turbo? Have you looked to see if there’s any boost pipes split or detached? What was the reason for the turbo replacement and did they replace the oil feed pipe or check it wasn’t blocked?
If the engine management system is not flagging a fault it could be a mechanical problem, get it plugged in to check for codes, check the engine light works when ignition is switched on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I’m not too sure I know the turbo was new but eBay 150 quid and that was all that was changed the oil comes out the pipe into the top of the turbo, it didn’t whistle at First when it was changed and it whistled with the old turbo but it definitely isn’t meant to be. Be getting it plugged in on Saturday apparently it could possibly be a egr valve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eml works as it was on before mot and now it’s not on and I had loads of repairs done then but I’ll check that it comes on on ignition just to be sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts