Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My 307 had a massive oil leak last year when the cam chain grated a hole in the head (or something like that) any way that was fixed.

However after servicing my car on the weekend I have noticed its leaking oil again, it seems to be pooling around the injectors and near the right hand side of the rocker cover.

I have attached a few pics (I had cleaned the oil from around the injectors but you ca see where its been.

Any suggestions on where it may be coming from and how much of a big job it will be?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to update, all the oil I cleaned away has returned not much but it pooled around the injectors so it seems as if its coming from that area, do the injectors leak oil? I had a sniff and could'nt sniff diesel.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
am pretty sure ive read on here about watching for leaking injectors as this can cause the turbo to fail (some how) so i guess the answer to ur question is yes they can leak.1 of the many problems with the 1.6 hdi i think,

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have now replaced the rocker gasket, however the oil still seems to be leaking, seems to pool around injector 1(closest to oil filler cap) and 3.

Any other suggestions or shall I go for the injector seals next?

Regards

·
Registered
375 Posts
is the oil filer cap sealing correctly?

you would know if the copper washers/seals were knackered as you would hear a chuffing noise and you would have a thick carbon build up around each injector !!!

oil isnt over the max mark is it ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is the oil filer cap sealing correctly?

you would know if the copper washers/seals were knackered as you would hear a chuffing noise and you would have a thick carbon build up around each injector !!!

oil isnt over the max mark is it ?
I'll have a closer look but I dont remember seeing a carbon build up or hear any chuffing, oil is at the correct level (although dip stick has now snapped off, who bloody decided on plastic dipsticks).

Any thing else?

regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts