Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I posted about this a few months ago but really want to sort it

I have changed the oil seal on 1 injector at least 5 times and it seems to leak more then ever

When I took the injector off I noticed it had 2 copper seals on the bottom I'm not sure if it's a mistake and for a reason

The only thing I can think of is the seat of the head has been cut so many times when I torque down the injector is actually wrecks the seal on fitting?

Does this seem possible at all

Any idea if there's a measurement from where the copper gasket sits and the top of the hole so I can see if this is a reason

With a wrecked seal the injector leaked less before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

This is what the injector looked like when I took it out at first I thought it was a mistake but no thinking otherwise. Is it possible the seats been cut enough to warrant another washer ?

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
No its more likely the first seal was left in and the second fitted with the injector put it back with only 1 if injector is not going in far enough the oil seal wont be held by the top clamp

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea what to do then surely if the injector is further in instead of the plastic guide sitting on the oil seal it's wrecking it

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
If there are two copper seals the injector will not go in as far as it should. Pull the injector, remove both copper washers and fit a new one. Make sure the hole in the head and seat is clean

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think you understand what I'm saying

I have changed the seal and put only 1 copper seal on trouble is it leaks oil more then ever before lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts