·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where I’m going wrong with injector coding

I have a slightly rough and white smoke on start up so brought another injector

Did a leak off test and injector 2 was leaking off a lot

Replaced it but can’t get it to accept the injector code

The issue is even on the old injector the number it shows on diagbox isn’t on the injector anywhere

I can put the old injector back but makes no sense can anyone help

What diagbox says

Injector codes on the car now. Note number 2

This is injector 2 that came out of the car now where are the codes above I just can’t see them

Help !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It is quite possible that the injector has been previously replaced and not coded in, found this in one of my hdi's. Try putting 0445110311 into diagbox and see what happens. Do the other injector numbers match the codes currently in diagbox?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t taken them all out but they don’t seem to match the characteristics on diagbox at all

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trouble is the number you gave is 10 numbers and it says it needs 9 will try without the 0 and see how it goes

The 044 number on all the others does not match diagbox at all

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And to confirm I have fired the car it runs but smokes heavily and
Has diesel knock so i assume the old
Code is correct

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s a 308 and 2008 is there a program to give you a correct code like some kind of software as I don’t understand
How it works

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just makes no sense I can’t see the old code on the injector do you have a link to the Bosch website that your looking at

Thanks

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The old injector knocked when I started it up but once I revved it and it fuelled up it was ok

Maybe they don’t need coding but after denting the injector seat (don’t ask) I was so relieved when it ran quietly

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone know the measurement from where the injector seal sits to the top of the tube

As the recesses get cut over time I’m sure it’s more down to there’s either too much or too little pressure on the seal

If I can get a measurement from new I can space the injector out then fit a new seal

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fitted a new seal today to stop the oil leak there wasn’t much oil on the injector which was odd as normally there full of it

I made up a tool to fit the seal over and got the missus to put pressure on so I could tap the seal home

Not as easy as it should but managed it finally will see how it goes next few days

1 - 18 of 18 Posts