Peugeot Forums banner

1.6hdi help surging revving ?????

6K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  minimandan 
#1 ·
i have an 08 expert it drives great for a while no problems but it seems when it gets hot when your lifting off the throttle to change gear and dip the clutch the engine revs surges then drops if you stop and turn off the engine wait a couple of minutes it will be fine for a while again then start doing it again after a bit more driving ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT AS I DONT REALLY KNOW WHERE TO START !

#3 ·
yes but typically no one on the map is even close to me (NORFOLK) i was just hoping that someone may have encountered the problem before and could point me in the right direction as i dont want to spend alot of money on a program and there be no fault logged i feel there probably wont be a fault logged as its had this problem for over 5 years it doesnt affect me on a daily basis local journeys and driving 11 miles to work and 11 miles back doesnt play up ???? but im doing a quite a few long journeys this year and i feel its time to get this problem sorted as it really starting to bug me now

#8 ·
It might be your short journeys that are the issue these engines need regular long runs to keep them happy otherwise the DPF can get clogged as can the vanes on the turbo but again as has been said without any real data its all guesswork.

You are not looking for faults live data is much more usefull as sometimes you can see a reading that is out of range but not far enough out to cause a fault to be logged

#9 ·
is an 11 mile commute to work short and then 11 miles home 22 miles a day there and back cruising at 50-60 for 6 miles of it
i would buy the software if i was confident it would help me diagnose but i dont want to go spend the money on buying software then it tells me nothing To get the software i need i would have to get a windows xp laptop as it seems its only compatible with xp ???
i dont want to take it to a garage for them to start charging me for parts it doesn't need.

#12 ·
i may have to look into it but for now im just trying to put my fault out there to see if someone else has encountered a similar fault and what they did to rectify it or if they theink it could be a specific part i could try

does any one think it could be a faulty actuator causing the turbo to over boost?
i dont really know what helps the rpm drop when you lift of on it is there a throttle sensor
i cant really see it being the egr valve dpf knackered turbo as its never flagged a fault up beeped or engine management light in the time ive had it and the fault has always been there it drives great and pulls like a train returns amazing mpg 50-60

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.