Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all on my 1.6hdi the part of the air box has come away it's a square part that then joins the air pipe

The air pipe is a poor fit and flaps around so I taped it in. Trouble is when I took it out to do the fuel filter it pulled the square part out of the bottom og the air box
Trouble is I can't get the air box out to glue or repair

Any ideas what I can do as a fix will replace the grommets to stop the box rattling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
648 Posts
You need to remove the windscreen scuttle and associated plastics to get the to air box and manoeuvre it out so the rubber grommits can be replaced (common problem). Whilst it's out check the state of the air box bottom mount down the back of the engine and check that there isn't wear to the top of the EGR valve, which is caused by the air box rattling around. There is an improved metal mount to solve this if you have this problem as well. I used cave ties to hold the air pipe into the air box properly, it's a crappy design.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had to glue my scuttle in place as it kept popping off will see what I can do. I was just going to replace the top grommets didn't know there was more underneath

1 - 5 of 5 Posts