Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas

I have just purchased the 1.6HDi 1.6L 92bhp in a 2011 308 and I am happy with the car, but it does seem pretty sluggish compared to my old 306 2.0L 90bhp.

Would any of you experts recommend a tuning chip, they are on ebay for around £70-80 and one mechanic I know swears by them???

Also is the 92bhp a FAP or non-FAP?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have a 110 1.6 and it amazes me re power. With 18bhp less it must show somehow. These tuning chips fool the ecu into overfuelling, I personally wouldn't use one and your car must be under warranty so a remap would be too soon to consider.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 110 1.6 and it amazes me re power. With 18bhp less it must show somehow. These tuning chips fool the ecu into overfuelling, I personally wouldn't use one and your car must be under warranty so a remap would be too soon to consider.
Great advice mate, I forgot about it still having nearly 2yr manufacturer's warranty. I don't want to cock that up...

When you say you are amazed re power of the 110 what do you mean? Amazed by lack of power or amazed by the amount of power?

Many thanks :)

C

·
0 Posts
It'll feel sluggish compared to the old car because it is actually slower. Go buy a 110.

The 110 is livlier than the figures would suggest, is just as economical, and has bags of grin inducing character. The 90 and 92 provide forward motion and little else.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
What will happen to your warranty if you remap it is this ,

Nothing ,

if something goes wrong with your car and you bring it in they will never, nor have they the capability to see a remap,

worse case scenario is its due a software update and it wipes your map out , but if this happens any decent mapper will have your map stored and remap it for free ,

just don`t tell anyone its remapped and you`ll be fine.

ps- if it wasn`t new it could have been mapped already and you would have been none the wiser.:thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
308 1.6 hdi 90

Hi everyone i am collecting my 09 plate 308 on thursday and was wondering if you guys had answers to a few of my questions,
First of all,i know it does have a dpf,but does the 90 rely on eloys fluid?
And if it does,the car has 43000miles on it,will it require topping up and should i ask the dealership to fill it before i sign for the car?
Also what is thew timing belt interval on this engine,the arnold clark website states 150,000miles!!!!! yikes.

Cheers guys,just moving back to peugeot after a disasterous spell owning a kia venga,so glad to be back in a peugeot,after owning a 306 d turbo,and a 307 hdi glx 90.
Cheers,james.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts