Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i'm not sure if i'm hearing things (as I usually have the radio on) but when sat idleing my enging makes a slight tap-tap-tap-tap (space) tap-tap-tap-tap (space) Type of noise?

Does anyone with the same engine experience this same noise, its mainly heard from in the cabin??

Is it something to be worried about?

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have this same noise on my 1.6 petrol 307 it sounds like a relay klicking at times i would swear its coming from inside the drivers door but now and then it can be heard just under the bonnet just below the screen o/s not found out what it is myself but so far it aint done nothing but click :confused: .
Oh another noise i dont know if yours dose this but mine has a very slight beep from around the glove box area i dont know if they are conected the noise is almost out of my hearing range it was a freind that directed my atention too this one :confused:.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a look round the engine bay and all looks fine, going to service it at the end of the month see if that makes a difference, but then again it is a diesel so prob worrying about nothing.

On another note I cant seem to locate my air filter, anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
488 Posts
jonohanson said:
Had a look round the engine bay and all looks fine, going to service it at the end of the month see if that makes a difference, but then again it is a diesel so prob worrying about nothing.

On another note I cant seem to locate my air filter, anyone have any ideas?
Your air filter is at the back of the engine under the bulkhead...follow your turbo intake pipe back and you'll find it....I think on the 307's you'll have to remove wipers/scuttle panel to access the filter..i maybe wrong..:confused:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
risky1 said:
Your air filter is at the back of the engine under the bulkhead...follow your turbo intake pipe back and you'll find it....I think on the 307's you'll have to remove wipers/scuttle panel to access the filter..i maybe wrong..:confused:
You would of thought they could have put it in an easier to reach place!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts