Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My car is due for a service & I want to either go it my self or just get the parts to try & save money.

But I'm a little confused:
The owners manual don't give advice on what parts to buy.
Oil filter I want to buy a good quality Mann or similar.
Air filter not too worried its its a reasonable quality.
Cabin filter - how do I know if I got a carbon typer or not?
Should I change fuel filter or just drain off water - I don't know if its been changed before so I think I should.
The Engine No. on the Log book is JB6030006857, but looking through E-bay and forums it seem that the HDI doesn't match that number. Could some one confirm this for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! that looks a bit less confusing and reasonable prices too except the engine oil! any reccomendations?

·
6,000 Posts
I have never used low SAP oil in my 307 2.0 HDI FAP and have never had a problem in 180K. 3-4 Yrs ago they only listed normal oil for my car.

At the age and mileage its done i feel that low SAP is not 100% required but maybe a good way to recommended the more expensive version for the oil company.

D

·
0 Posts
The 2.0 is no susseptable to problems fron using wrong oil. Try running the 1.6 the same way. It would have calved well before your 2.0.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
ive been looking at 1.6 hdi with the horror stories i dont think i will bother.

does anyone know where to buy a cheap oil pickup or return pipe for a 2.0hdi. if not can i clean the filter out myself

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I purchased tripple QX oil off e-bay on the 11th Feb - still waiting for it.:mad:
Contacted seller last Thursday - he appologised and said can had been damaged at delivery depot, do I want a replacement or money back?

I opted for replacement (giving him the benefit of the doubt) so should have Received it Friday or Monday...... didn't say which date though :(
Looks as if I'll be contacting him again later in the week for a refund this time :thumb:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE:-

I now got a refund off the seller on Fleabay. Found out that Castrol GTX is on offer in Wilkinsons (of all places!!) £9.99 for 4ltrs. :thumb:
Happy days :)

C

·
0 Posts
You is quite right. It's absolutely critical he uses 5w/30 synthetic, preferably a low ash type, or he will suffer serious engine damage.

In fact critical isn't a strong enough word.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now I'm even more confused. the castrol I got matches thespec of the trippleqx hence why I got it. If I look in the handbook surely that will be correct?
I'm got saying who is wright and who is wrong as we all have experienced or heard of horror stories what ever car you own. I've no idea what oil was in it previously all I know its been changed as per pugs reccomendations.

D

·
0 Posts
now I'm even more confused. the castrol I got matches thespec of the trippleqx hence why I got it. If I look in the handbook surely that will be correct?
I'm got saying who is wright and who is wrong as we all have experienced or heard of horror stories what ever car you own. I've no idea what oil was in it previously all I know its been changed as per pugs reccomendations.
What spec is on the can?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
the book does say 5w30 to 10w40. from past experience the best to use is a 5w30 on the 1.6 diesels because of the way there designed.

4 litres wont be enough anyway will it?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts