Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 1.6 VTI sw has started sounding like it has a slight misfire at low speeds in first and second gear. Starts fine and idles fine, i have just fixed an anti theft fault which also threw up a cam timing fault when plugged in. I have read that this could be anything from spark plugs to HPFP. Today after a long run to Manchester it showed engine management t system fault for about 5 minutes but this disappeared after switching off and restarting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
870 Posts
could be anything but you can clean your dephaser solenoids for free, one on the front one on the rear which you need to remove the throttle body/air filter housing #4
Peugeot 207cc depollution fault! - Peugeot Forums

do you know if its had a chain swap at any point, i beleive the original tensioner was beefed up, if you can easily press it with your thumb its scrap.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To my knowledge it hasn't had a chain swap, i don't know if it makes a difference but this issue stays for a few days then the eml light goes off for a few days and is ok

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anybody help with this I have had no response from the two people that cover the Burnley area on the planet map, can anyone recommend a trusted knowledgeable garage local to Burnley otherwise I will have to send it to Peugeot. Bit gutted haven't even had a response from guys on planet map hate lining Peugeot's pockets ....

Cheers guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts