Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not in terms of performance but in terms of weight. Having now owned a 1.6 110 and now a 2.0 136 im finding the 2.0 nowhere as nimble as the 1.6 which i thought was a decent handling car considering its size and weight. Does the 2.0 carry much more weight which makes it feel like this or is the 60 Plate Mondeo estate im driving poluting my mind as it feels so tight in comparison to my new 2.0.?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Mondeo is a very good driving car. Never compared 407's but I found the 2.0hdi 307 better to drive than the 1.6hdi purely because the steering is heavier.

·
5,069 Posts
never been in a 1.6 hdi but my 2.0 hdi is very nimble,mine is a saloon tho

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
my dad had a 1.6 110 and mine the 2.0 110 feels more better down the rev range than the 1.6 before it was mapped, tho after i drove his for a few days i was back to driving mine and would feel better to drive strange i know lol

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my dad had a 1.6 110 and mine the 2.0 110 feels more better down the rev range than the 1.6 before it was mapped, tho after i drove his for a few days i was back to driving mine and would feel better to drive strange i know lol
Different 2.0. Your talking about the older Hdis which werent fitted to the 407s

J

·
0 Posts
The 2.0HDI is shown as 1635kg, and the 1.6HDI shown as 1567kg, so only 68kg between them - not really enough to affect driving them really.
The 2.0 Mondeo being 1578kg really isn't much different.
I doubt weight is whats affecting things here - lost of other factors :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i can say for fords...check your steering settings...you might have it on sport mode. there are 3 you can choose. "comfort", "normal" and "sport".

although some people say these settings dont change much as in feel...but i can defo feel it in my focus. i prefer "sport" as those corners in the moors, seem more fun...not the "I want to write a will" in "comfort" mode :lol:

i dont think the peugeot have the option to change the feel.

hopefully this will help you...somehow :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts