Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving gently on very light throttle, I can feel the 1.6 engine misfiring as if it were running lean.

Is this normal or is there an adjustment for this?

In all other respects (main road and motorway) it drives fine with no evidence of any misfire.

Many thanks for any helpful comments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
If Peugeots have a bad name - blame the main dealers !

As a follow-up - yesterday my 1007 went into limp-home mode. That means a major lack of power, but at least I could get home under my own steam - just.

This morning removed the plugs - the gaps were out to 54thou (should be 30thou) and had obviously never been changed or gapped despite main dealer Services by Robins & Day and Dutton Forshaw at 20,000 and 30,000 miles. One plug had a broken ceramic insulator and the large gaps must have put a great strain on the coil pack.

Have yet to find out if the O2 sensors or the Cat or the coil pack have been wrecked . . . :mad:

D

·
0 Posts
The plugs wouldn't have been due at 20,000 and 30,000. But 40,000mls.
Strange one though. Doesn't happen too often.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The plugs wouldn't have been due at 20,000 and 30,000. But 40,000mls.
Strange one though. Doesn't happen too often.
Yes, apparently it should be every 40,000 - I find the Peugeot servicing schedules (as supplied with the car) to be most confusing. Even so 40,000 without checking the plugs is surely pushing it more than a bit?

Does no-one CHECK the gaps these days ? I would have thought modern high-energy sparks would have eroded the gaps faster.

Maybe I am wrong on that but I wonder if there is any point in having a spec of 30thou if Peugeot allow them to erode to 54thou (with still another 8,000 miles before the service taking them to nearer 60thou).

The good points are - that I now have new plugs in and the slight engine jerk at low throttle seems to have disappeared. Also that, after clearing the codes, no permanent damage seems to have been done to the O2 sensors or the cat :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also replaced the plugs in the 1.4 today - 20,000 miles and gaps up to 40thou. Was still going OK but I am happier now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts