Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a petrol 1.6 307. Recently the car has been giving me lots of problems, I've searched on the net but every website has a new suggestion :S

1) Power loss, car won't go above 150km/h and is very sluggish.

What could this be? Some sites say the timing belt could need changing?

2) 2 days ago the car went into limp mode, won't rev beyond 2k rpm, still have the problem with the check engine light on and anti pollution fault. Yesterday when starting the car, the revs would drop and rise between 800-100rpm and today they are stuck at 1200rpm at idle.

3) On top of all this there is a ticking sound from under the bonnet at low revs, if I put the car in gear (R or D) it becomes more pronounced.

Really need some sound advice since I have no Peugeot mechanics in my city or anywhere near it. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need a diagnostic test done. Anything we suggest is pure guesswork until we see some error codes.
Is there a way I could do it mysekf since I do not have any mechanics in this region. What software and cord do I need?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Is there a way I could do it mysekf since I do not have any mechanics in this region. What software and cord do I need?
What region are you in? Are you in the UK?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it to the mechanic, he opened the cover on the engine, a pipe there (air pipe ? :confused: ) was broken in half, he fixed with tape and the revving issue is gone however the engine management light is still on and won't go off.

I'm assuming the problem is fixed, if so why is the light still on? Even guesses would work since there are no Peugeot mechanics in my city and I can not find a diag cable anywhere :mad:

I've just spent roughly 2k dollars on this car changing the shocks, brakes, brake hubs, A/C Compressor and power steering pump and now I find this has some new problem :eek:

·
11,791 Posts
Engine light goes off after three start cycles, but only if the fault has been corrected.

If you're alone for Peugeot support over there, best bet is to buy Peugeot Planet. At least we can then guide you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts