Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my otherwise ok 307 let me down today.

After 5 minutes the car ran rough, anti pollution warning came on , swiftly followed by catalytic converter fault.

The car then lost all power and was later recovered home on the back of a trailer at great cost.

Anyway I plugged my Bluetooth reader into the port and the following errors came up

P0351 - ignition coil A

P1336 - crankshaft sensor piston sensor

p0336 - crankshaft position sensor

The recovery man used his diagnostics tool and only one error came up - crankshaft sensor. Nothing else and he said it was unlikely it would be the coil pack.

The car is outside my house and doesn't start, strangely enough the electric windows don't work either. Which isn't good cause the drivers window is stuck down and won't go up again. And I live in a right rough old bit of East London. None of the windows work at all. All the fuses have been checked. The battery is pretty new. So that's not good either.

So can any kind soul tell me in idiots terms where the crankshaft sensor is and whether it's a diy job (I'm relatively handy but equally have limitations given the car is parked on the street etc).

I don't want to chuck much money at the car as its only worth about 300 quid. But after having spent a ton today getting her home I don't mind spending a bit of time and money on her as she is otherwise a decent car.

Any advice ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ta for the replies. Had a look at the battery and all seems in order and it's giving out the required power to crank and start the car, its only a year old. Camshaft sensor seems a distinct possibility here for my fervernant googling.

Is it a do able diy job? As the car doesnt start and I've been shafted by the breakdown people for nealy a ton yesterday would like to diy it if possible , and learn a bit along the way too.

The electric windows are strange though. I've tried the 3 minute reset and all the fuses are sound. I guess it could be a wiring issue - but on all windows ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts