Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst the 1.2 auto has nothing but good reviews I've seen at least three giving the thumbs down to the 1.6 petrol auto. In light of this I'd be very interested to hear the views of those who have one.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have one, and very happy with it too. Really smooth in delivery of power and whisper quiet at cruise speeds as well as round town. I chose the 1.6 as i do a lot of driving on A and B roads and wanted that extra punch of power for over taking, fuel economy is no where near as good as the 1.2 but you would not expect it to be really.

Nothing bad to say about it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello

I own 1,6 petrol also...and I can just agree with Stuart...it is very smooth..quite and has enough power for secure overtakings. Consumption is a bit higher than I expected. Now avaraging around 7,4l/100km (done 3000KMs).

You dont need to use sport button at all...if you flat out it immediately accerelate from the best gear.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Whilst the 1.2 auto has nothing but good reviews I've seen at least three giving the thumbs down to the 1.6 petrol auto. In light of this I'd be very interested to hear the views of those who have one.
It would be nice to read those reviews. Do you have links? :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is that Nimbus grey in that article? It looks very smart.

I've test driven the 1.2 auto but our local dealership says it's extremely unlikely they'll have a 1.6 auto petrol to try which is frustrating as that's the one we'd be looking at ordering.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Here's the last I read:

Peugeot 3008 review: A tech-tastic crossover that's sure to Allure - Pocket-lint

The other two were on Youtube although I can't recall which ones.

I should have said that the common theme seems to be the engine/auto gearbox combination which they say is noisy and jerky.
I had the opportunity in test driving both the 1.2 & 1.6 Auto engines.
The 1.2 Auto when I thought that was going to be my engine of choice until Peugeot removed the option just before my order.
The following week I then tried the 1.6 Auto and placed my order, only for Peugeot to reinstate the 1.2 Auto some few weeks later.

Anyway, my thoughts on the two were they both are very quick in initial acceleration for a vehicle of this size/weight.
Mid acceleration 50 to 70 seemed better on the 1.6 Auto (it chose a suitable gear and remained whereas the 1.2 dropped a gear then had to change up seconds later).
At 70 it did seem noisier in the 1.2 but not uncomfortable (but road conditions were different on the two dates). At best I would assume the 1.6 engine to cruise better.
The negative though if comparing the 1.6 to the 1.2 will be fuel economy.
:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Am I correct in thinking that the 1.2 auto is still discontinued in the GT Line? It's certainly not showing in the online configurator.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ah, after reading that, it's not the engine that is the problem. It's the auto gearbox and the 1,6 only comes with the EAT6.
It's the 1.2 Auto that is EAT6. The 1.6 Auto is e-THP. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's the 1.2 Auto that is EAT6. The 1.6 Auto is e-THP. :)
THP is the branding of the engine, not the gearbox :p I think it stands for Turbo High Pressure (sounds like Jeremy Clarkson made that up :lol: ). I could not find relevant information on the UK website of Peugeot, but the Norwegian Peugeot website states that the 1,6 comes with EAT6.

I have no idea as to why you in England add an E to it as well (we don't have that extra E in Norway).

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
THP is the branding of the engine, not the gearbox :p I think it stands for Turbo High Pressure (sounds like Jeremy Clarkson made that up :lol: ). I could not find relevant information on the UK website of Peugeot, but the Norwegian Peugeot website states that the 1,6 comes with EAT6.

I have no idea as to why you in England add an E to it as well (we don't have that extra E in Norway).
The 'e' in my 2008 indicated automatic engine off and coasting below 20kph.....reduced fuel consumption/emissions.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The 'e' in my 2008 indicated automatic engine off and coasting below 20kph.....reduced fuel consumption/emissions.
If you by engine off mean stopping fuel flow, then it is something all ICE's are doing. At any speed (not just below 20 km/h).

If you coast you will notice in any car with a trip computer that the fuel consumption goes to 0,0 l/100 km.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If you by engine off mean stopping fuel flow, then it is something all ICE's are doing. At any speed (not just below 20 km/h).

If you coast you will notice in any car with a trip computer that the fuel consumption goes to 0,0 l/100 km.
Actually mine was a manual.
Below 20kph the engine literally switched off and didn't restart until the clutch was depressed again.
The reduced emissions in the test cell must have been measurable.........the point of the exercise, I suspect.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts