Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the egrs on these cause problems and not show a fault in planet,car has done 40,000 so would it need cleaning at that mileage,i have had a massive stutter and car held back really bad and had to put foot right down to keep it going,but after a good 5 mins cleared,have scanned with diagbox and got no codes should i carry out a actuator test on it with diagbox,even if it passes an actuator test could it still be faulty.the car is not as powerful as when i had it but has got better since i replaced the maf but not as smooth and powerful as it was almost like lack of turbo,car has just had a full peugeot service and i asked them if turbo shaft etc.. was ok and they said fine so could it be turbo electrovalve.many thanks.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Turn car off , reach in beside fuel filter and disconnect egr plug , drive car to see difference , you might get fault light which can be turned off or will go off when you replug ,
i`ve seen it never showing a warning light aswell , but mines remapped out .

You can either replace , clean or remap out egr ,

car will not smoke as much and not use as much fuel without egr :thumb:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate will give it a go,its very cramped to get down the back of the engine on the 308,if i remove air ducting that goes over fuel filter will that give me enough room to disconnect egr?

D

·
0 Posts
thanks mate will give it a go,its very cramped to get down the back of the engine on the 308,if i remove air ducting that goes over fuel filter will that give me enough room to disconnect egr?
Yes.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had a go at disconnecting egr but no way could i get my hands in there,what i did notice was one of the pins in maf plug was wide so bent it a bit and plugged back in,when i went for a drive the car went like a rocket again for a while with lots of low down turbo again but was short lived,the only things i did was remove air trunking unclipping brake one way valve brake pipe of trunking and sorting the pin in maf plug which somehow made it good for a while.any ideas daveireland?

·
12,098 Posts
I've personally seen two 307s and two 407s with the exact same stutter.

A replacement fuel filter caused one (too ages to sort itself), the rest were all EGR related. Disconnecting the MAF cured it (bit brought on the antipollution fault) until the EGR was blanked off or disconnected.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have been looking today and would like some advice on the vacuum pipe that goes to turbo actuator,if mines idling and i pull pipe of then put it back on it slowly pulls the rod in have checked if the arm moves freeyly and it does,on other cars i had i.e mondeo tdci if i did the same test it would pull the arm in instantly anyone else with a 1.6 hdi like to test theirs for me,there also doesnt seem like a lot of suction from the pipe,im thinking maybe the turbo repeat sensor is not working right as if i had a leak on vacuum pipes somewhere it wouldnt correct its self for a couple of weeks and then leak again?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts