Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hal'frauds' returned a car to me today after apparantly fixing a fuel leak and replacing dpf filter- claiming all it needed was fault codes cleared from a dealership to stop it going into limp mode....

after towing the car back to my house and connecting it to my own pp2000, the car now won't even start!...i think it may have something to do with the fuel pump which they replaced (after mistakingly diagnosing dpf issues).....

has anyone had this problem? ive posted a video of how the car sounds, its clicking, but its not a dead battery....(ive charged the battery) ..

any ideas?

S

·
0 Posts
No offence here, but you are absolutely peppering the forums in new threads!!

Calm down on the posting a bit, we cant keep up, you already have a similar thread about this so why create a new one!?

I understand you want answers and a working car, but patience is also a key!!

edit: just cause youi've charged the battery doesnt mean its good, take the advice from the other thread you started and try a different battery (im talking from experience here with both non starting and engine dying if i let it idle) following the BSI wakeup procedure of course, details of which can be found by searching, NOT by starting a new thread

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apologies.....wont be so lazy/impatient in future.....i think im just really stressed, but realise i am overdoing it, wont happen again!

turns out battery is ok after i recharged it, but the car can't idle.....throwing up these codes even after i cleared them;

1)Permanent fault. Pre/post heating relay circuit Relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied...

2) Permanent fault. diesel high pressure regulation circuit. Maximum rail pressure exceeded.

3) permanent fault. differential exhaust pressure signal. number of regenerations above the maximum.

and the BSI is throwing up;

1) Absence of communication with the alarm ECU. Not characterised. Local.

any ideas what these could mean?

thanks...

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Right only fault that won`t start your car is low fuel pressure , go into fuel parameters and see if you get over 100bar of fuel pressure when cranking , if not fuel issue,
put a new battery on as well ,
then recode your keys,

got your messages by the way , i think scotscruz is on holiday or dead :lol:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Betty, thanks for the response,

The car is starting now thanks to battery recharger, however it just can't idle, if I stop pushing on accelerator the car just turns off, the faults I've listed above keep coming up so it must be one of them.

A query about galetto and reading my file for scotcruz, do I need to have just cleared all of my faults in dpf ecu, or do I have to clear all faults across all ecus?

Thanks again

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Faults should clear when you have it running right , did you check fuel parameters , check battery voltage as well it needs a good 12volts.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
apparantly in order to get rid of '' Pre-heating relay circuit : Coherence ; Relay supplied and glow plugs not supplied '' i need to change my glow plugs.....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry betty, still new to pp, don't understand how to do that, do i need to have the engine on to measure that...?

i think it asked me if i had one or two valves when i tried..., i wasnt sure...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yep tried clearing them but still got;

1)Permanent fault. Pre/post heating relay circuit Relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied...

2) permanent fault. differential exhaust pressure signal. number of regenerations above the maximum.

3) intermittent fault. diesel high pressure regulation circuit. rail pressure cannot be limited by lowering pump filling flow setting.

4) permanent fault. diesel high pressure regulation circuit. Maximum rail pressure exceeded.

and the BSI is throwing up;

1) Absence of communication with the alarm ECU. Not characterised. Local.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i will try that, didn't know whether to do it or not, but i know the guys at halfrauds were playing around with the fluid to check if i had any or not....so worth a shot, thanks betty, ill let you know

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
but i got it recharged...it was only because the car has been in the garage for 3 weeks without being driven.....is it one of those irreversible things where the battery will always get flat easily now?

S

·
0 Posts
Agreed, as i said joey i've had the exact issue of car stalling when i let it drop to idle,

My battery, according to the charger, was fine and accepting charge normally

My car however disagreed, swapped it for another one to test and hey presto i've been (relatively) fine since!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Betty

Did some work this morning, tried clearing fault codes again and resetting fap fluid levels, no luck....still can't idle....it starts fine and then 2 seconds in it's like it chokes, splutters and just fails...

I've got a feeling it's pretty serious as when I rev the car to stop it from turning off, the exhaust fumes are ridiculous, I reversed about 10 feet and it was releasing loads of white smoke from exhaust, really stinks of course as well....as bad as it is I'm hoping it might give me a clue to the problem....it's strange particularly as dpf filter has apparently just been changed by halfrauds, surely that's the last thing it should do with a new dpf....halfords fucked it up proper good....

Any ideas about white smoke,?

Philkerman advised me to check rail sensor as the white smoke could be too much diesel being combusted....I'm defiantly going to try when I get back to the car....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts