Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at a 54 plate 1.6 HDI SW earlier with 68000 on the clock , it had a manual and a service book with 2 stamps in it (up to 22000) the clutch pedal had a vibration and the aircon only worked on the NS and the display was blank apart from 1 line it looked like it had a new DPF but was oily under the bonnet on the left hand side of the head .
Not a very nice one me thinks especially for £3495 :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
394 Posts
I bought a 54 plate 2.0 HDi 140 SW with 74,600 miles today in clean condition, apart from the stevie wonder paintjob on the passenger side and a random rust patch in the middle of the drivers door, abs/esp light and intermittent tpms light on but no codes showing and a faulty lcd display for £1900.

It's just had a cambelt and a full service, the climate control works great, the engine pulls spot on, the clutch is good, the steering and brakes are good and all the toys work ok, so I'm very happy with it.

I think the abs/esp light will just be a sensor, so only £13 each and I need to check the tyre pressures before ruling out the tpms valve, but they are only £11 each and the displays are about £100, but it seems to work at night and when it is cold. All cheap fixes IMO, and at that price, I have no complaints.

I'd have been angry to see faults like that on a car for £3495 though :eek:

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I walked away from a 56 plate that was up for 1700. Display totally dead, lots of small dents and scratches, mouldy roof lining and an engine that was coated with really black oil. I needed a runner, not an expensive project :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ouch, that sounds bad. £1700 isn't a lot of money really though, it's very cheap, though they are out there for that.

tbh, I'd budget £100 to change the display in any used 407, they never work properly. I know of 3 others not including mine that are broken, but one has been behaving itself lately. But the owner never uses the cd player :mad:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I bought my 407SW 2/0 HDi eighteen months ago off ebay for £2300. Its a 56 plate with 115k miles on it. Eighteen months later it now has 155k on it and part from doing the clutch/dmf its been a fantastic car illustrated by the fact that it gets abused as its a taxi and its juts towed our van to Normandy and back.

So you can get decent cheap ones

1 - 7 of 7 Posts