Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the forum and new to Peugeot diagnostics really so I would come and speak to the people who know them best :)

So here is my issue.

I have no umph!!!

I have so far checked the turbo and all is well, she is spinning, spools faster at higher revs so all is good there. Looking at the waste gate noticed there is no pressure being generated to it. So not the waste gate.

Here is where I'm stuck. The Solenoid value. Now coming from the reservoir to the value, i have suction, which I understand is correct? (please correct me if I'm incorrect :) ). The other 2 hoses on the solenoid is where I'm not sure what is supposed to happen? The middle hose has nothing. The other i couldn't get off lol!

Looking through the service history of the car prior to me owning it, I have noticed that the valve has been changed once before. I'm thinking it may have gone again due to have a slight feeling that they fitted a second hand part. (white tipex gives this away).

Does this sound on the right track to you guys. An description of how the whole turbo system works would be good also :)

Thanks in advance!
Dan

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi all,

New to the forum and new to Peugeot diagnostics really so I would come and speak to the people who know them best :)

So here is my issue.

I have no umph!!!

I have so far checked the turbo and all is well, she is spinning, spools faster at higher revs so all is good there. Looking at the waste gate noticed there is no pressure being generated to it. So not the waste gate.

Here is where I'm stuck. The Solenoid value. Now coming from the reservoir to the value, i have suction, which I understand is correct? (please correct me if I'm incorrect :) ). The other 2 hoses on the solenoid is where I'm not sure what is supposed to happen? The middle hose has nothing. The other i couldn't get off lol!

Looking through the service history of the car prior to me owning it, I have noticed that the valve has been changed once before. I'm thinking it may have gone again due to have a slight feeling that they fitted a second hand part. (white tipex gives this away).

Does this sound on the right track to you guys. An description of how the whole turbo system works would be good also :)

Thanks in advance!
Dan
the valves are common to fail and are about £42 from dealers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you have a vacuum controlled egr (with a pipe on it not a wire) then you could borrow the electro valve off that and put it on the turbo
HaHa! I have no idea what any of that means :) How does the solenoid valve work? there are 3 hoses connected which one is which and what should each one do?

Cheers

·
Registered
241 Posts
The EGR on the 1.6 is a separate electronic unit with it's own actuators and position sensors, not vacuum solenoid to this.

If your turbo isn't spooling properly it can be several things, but most commonly a blocked DPF, broken turbo electro valve, Mass Air Flow-metre (MAF).

If you need some diagnostic you can bring it to me and I'll tell you what's causing your problems.

I'm assuming you have the 1.6 110 as you said it was a sport model? If you have the 90 there is no DPF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The EGR on the 1.6 is a separate electronic unit with it's own actuators and position sensors, not vacuum solenoid to this.

If your turbo isn't spooling properly it can be several things, but most commonly a blocked DPF, broken turbo electro valve, Mass Air Flow-metre (MAF).

If you need some diagnostic you can bring it to me and I'll tell you what's causing your problems.

I'm assuming you have the 1.6 110 as you said it was a sport model? If you have the 90 there is no DPF.
Yes, it is a 110 :) I believe the turbo is spooling correctly, disconnecting the hose to the MAF and with increased REVs I can here the turbo increasing RPM. I have removed the hose connecting to the waste gate and I'm not getting any air pressure building up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts