Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.6 hdi i have developed a rattle only on tick over i have sounded it out to be around the bottom pully area (its not the bottom pully it has been changed)

My air conditioning unit (pump) is empty does any one know if an empty pump will rattle or make some form of noise ?

While i had the belt of this weekend i spun everything that moved and it all felt nice.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
If the AC is out of refrigerant the clutch will not engage so the pump won't actually be running. I'm sure I read a post a while ago where the pulley for the pump (which runs all the time the engine is running) had broken and was noisy so maybe it could be the source of your noise. The clutch assembly and pulley can be replaced but I think the pump needs to come out to do this. Not quite as big an issue if the system is already empty as you're not supposed to allow the gas to escape into the atmosphere,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Placed a jack handle on the power steering pump while running sounded ok also the alternator then the A/C sounded like a bag of bolts when cold let it ll warm up and blow me it sounded the status quo was inside it :thumb: just ordered another so hope that fix's it might even get it filled up lol (was empty when i bought it also had the engine out)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts