Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have bought the seals etc to change, but cant see how to actually " pull them out "

Any Help would be great :)

Many Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
If your engine still runs then best bet is to loosen the clamps and let the heat and compression push them out
Make sure the clamps are loosened not fully removed once it pops out enough you can persuade it out

If your engine is not running then it could be a long battle :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spent 2 hours today on the car ! They are not shifting....

Its almost like they need something attatching to them to pull them up and out :-(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there much carbon around them..?

If your anywhere near the West of Ireland I have a tool that will remove them...:)

Yes risky, Lots ofcarbon around them, cleaned lots of it off though

I'm on the Isle of Barra, Western Isles of Scotland :-(

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Paul, I did exactly the same as this a few months ago on my 307 SW 1.6 Hdi. Assuming you have the same engine this is what I did:

Went to Halfords and bought an E6 socket (this is essential)
Use the socket to gradually undo each of the studs holding the injector in place.
The studs have a large washer like nub on them so as you undo them they lift the injector.
Once the studs are fully loosen you should be able to prise the injector out.
I recommend you clear as much carbon from the head before removing the injector so that none of it falls in once the injector is removed.
Once the injector is out put something in the hole to stop anything falling in (I used a baby wipe) and clean all the carbon.
Now prise out the rubber seal.
You should have three new parts, a copper washer, a rubber seal and a seal protector.
Put the injector back in and tighten the nuts alternating between the two until they are tight.
Go for a short drive to warm the engine up and check/tighten the nuts again.

Don't try to lever the injector out without doing the above as you'll most likely damage the head, the injector or your fingers.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly the same engine !! I have a 2004 307 SW aswell,

Thanks for the posative reply!

I was starting to think i was in deep deep trouble !
:thumb:

·
Registered
315 Posts
yup. That or even just diesel. Let it soak, run engine with hold-downs slack, repeat until it pushes free.
Took a couple of days of this to get the no4 injector out of my old RHZ-engined Suzuki, but the hole was well filled with baked clag that'd leaked out of the inlet above it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts