Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got back round to sorting out my girlfriend's 110 Hdi after it went tinto limp mode with DPF issues - details posted before. It turned out that a flash couldn't fix it and a friend got it looked at at a Peugeot main dealer and they also failed! So I decided to change the entire ECU set - ECU, BSI and fob/sensor from a similar car.

It now starts, though dies immediately and Planet reports P1600 - Configuration injectors classification configuration incorrect or not carried out. I can understand this, but not why it ran ok before after I changed the engine with no injector reconfiguration - which I assume is the reason for it dying after a couple of seconds.

I have been to the injector classification section in Planet and can enter the correct injector codes (no. 1 nearest the battery), but cannot save them - it tells me to press * to change the config, but this has no effect. Any ideas please?

My options seem to be to make Planet work properly, or get the injectors from the donor car to save the config as I should then have the complete setup. Also, should I change the VIN in Planet, or configure for a new ECU?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Try first of all changing vin number in BSI to yours then recode injectors , remember if battery is not great then the ecu`s will not have power to code injectors ,
if that fails then replacement parts new BSI , but before any of these two things write down the vin number that was on it as you might need the transponder code from that BSI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast reply! I'll do as you suggest tomorrow and report back. All VINs and build codes are recorded so I will change the new BSI via Planet to show the correct VIN for the car.

Can you comment on how to change the injector codes in Planet? After I enter the code, do I press the "configuration" button as the advised * has no effect?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Yes input all codes of top of injector , if i mind its the first 8 digits on the outer edge of injector then hit configure at bottom , if battery is good they will save.:thumb:

and yes you are right injector one passenger side , French are back to front :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All finally sorted! I coded the injectors, reset everything and tied again - still in limp mode. I rewired the DPF sensor (loom on new engine feeds from a different place and wires were not long enough to reach the original sensor), plus swapped the MAF sensor (kept throwing up codes) - and it was still in limp. I then ran the ECU code through ECUsafe, reflashed and all is now OK. No warning lights at all! I will keep an eye on things but hope this is an end to the issues. Thanks again to Phil for all your help - very much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts