Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I have a 308 1.6 HDI from April 2009. The problem is that the car hesitates when accelerating after a roundabout. It only happens with low speed and light/low throttle. There is no fault stored in the fault journal in diagbox. Any idea? Thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not think so. Is it possible to check this my self? I have diagbox 6.30, however no online diagbox subscription.

·
12,095 Posts
This is a very common fault on the 307 and 407 with 1.6 HDI 110 bhp engine, usually EGR related. There will be no fault codes, but blanking it off almost always sorts it.

Try disconnecting the MAF sensor and see if the problem stops. You'll get an anti-pollution fault, but ignore that and concentrate on how the car feels.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
The 1.6hdi has an electrical EGR , before blanking , turn car off and unplug EGR (at the back right hand of engine) ,
drive car to see if problem disappears.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok.The MAF sensor is easy to get to, so I will start there. I also had the EGR suspected, however I thought the EGR would give a fault, if it did not work proberly. So disconnecting the EGR, must be step 2. Thank you for the advise.

C

·
0 Posts
Ok.The MAF sensor is easy to get to, so I will start there. I also had the EGR suspected, however I thought the EGR would give a fault, if it did not work proberly. So disconnecting the EGR, must be step 2. Thank you for the advise.
Egr's don't always show a warning when faulty or have a fault to cause running issues

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
12,095 Posts
low speeds problems have had pollen filter changed seems to want to cut out at a junc and you stall it have been told could be accerator sensor need to sort it
cheers Roy
The the sensor was faulty then Diagbox / Planet would report it, or you could do an actuator test on the part.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Disconnecting the maf sensor did help. Nice. I saw that it is possible the clean the maf sensor. I will try that, however what should I use? Somebody is saying that carb cleaner is too strong. Crc has a product called maf sensor cleaner, but I can not find the product here in denmark. Crc has also something called air sensor cleaning, maybe that is the same. Any suggestion?

·
12,095 Posts
You can use electrical contact cleaner, but the MAF should be self-cleaning - it runs a voltage down the wires to burn off any crud that might be on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I talked to a mechanic yesterday that told me, if I disconnect the MAF sensor the ECU is going into emergency program and discarding all sensor information. If this is correct, then I cannot be sure that it is the MAF sensor, could as well be another sensor that is failing. Anyone that knows if this is correct?

·
12,095 Posts
Yes and no. On two of my cars disconnecting has shown the MAF to be faulty.

On the 306 and the 2.0 90 bhp 307 disconnecting made no difference whatsoever. Only a Planet diagnostic showed there to be a fault.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts