Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anybody please assist , my 1.6 HDI 2014 starts up fine and will rev to max revs and tick over no issues no smoke from the exhaust . After 30 seconds the Amber triangle warning light with exclanation mark comes on and the dash display says engine fault or words to that effect . The engine then goes into limp mode and won't go above 2500 RPM . I put an OBD2 code reader on and there are no codes coming up . I thought if it was fuel related ie fuel filter the engine would hunt more . Do obd readers not pick up peugeot codes ? Does it have to go on peugeot planeet diagnostic ? Just wondering if there is a common fault out there ? Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for this Reliable, am I right in saying the DPF on these can be stripped and cleaned. I know on other makes it is a change out job but read somewhere that this type can be stripped. The van is also very thirsty on diesel I got a lot more MPG on my old van

·
Registered
120 Posts
Morning. Ive only just started to become familiar with my 1.6hdi since I bought the van 18 months ago. My hand-held OBD2 code reader shows the same errors and their descriptions as my garages diagnostics, granted not as many words but it points you to the fault. No experience with Planet but as Reliable says,worth a go. As for the DPF, as long as they get a decent run at a reasonable speed without stopping ie a stretch on a dual carriageway before town driving they will regenerate - but they will only do it for so long and then wont anymore- they have a life-span. Many have prolonged a DPF life by cutting the box apart and physically cleaning them or using a chemical cleaner but its a bit hit and miss, mostly miss to be honest. I think you have to assess what condition your DPF SHOULD be in by factoring in the mileage and type of miles its done.. 75k, stop-start for a lot of those miles?.. some kind of cleaning might work, 150k normal urban or long-distance work?.. it might be getting to the end of its life. There again, some go on WAY beyond that. Its not really an exact science unfortunately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it had problems with the dpf there would be a error on the dash for that. I had a error on the dash about dpf, I used a cleaner from Eurocar parts and it’s been fine for now. My dpf filter is halfway of its life, my 1.6 hdi has 155k miles.

Morning. Ive only just started to become familiar with my 1.6hdi since I bought the van 18 months ago. My hand-held OBD2 code reader shows the same errors and their descriptions as my garages diagnostics, granted not as many words but it points you to the fault. No experience with Planet but as Reliable says,worth a go. As for the DPF, as long as they get a decent run at a reasonable speed without stopping ie a stretch on a dual carriageway before town driving they will regenerate - but they will only do it for so long and then wont anymore- they have a life-span. Many have prolonged a DPF life by cutting the box apart and physically cleaning them or using a chemical cleaner but its a bit hit and miss, mostly miss to be honest. I think you have to assess what condition your DPF SHOULD be in by factoring in the mileage and type of miles its done.. 75k, stop-start for a lot of those miles?.. some kind of cleaning might work, 150k normal urban or long-distance work?.. it might be getting to the end of its life. There again, some go on WAY beyond that. Its not really an exact science unfortunately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts