Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine was idling fine then started to sound a bit noisy for a few seconds, I got anti pollution then low oil pressure warning then engine stopped. coming home about 40mph I got the anti pollution warning then engine stopped, I put hazards on and coasted to a safe place. while I was coasting I tried turning ignition off and on then bump starting but it wouldnt start, once I parked it turned the key it was dead, turned it again and it fired up and we drove 20miles home at 70mph no problems, it actually sounded like i was losing oil pressure before it cut out first time, is this possible? This year it has had timing belt, alternator belt, oil pressure sensor, fresh oil, oil filter and air filter.
Fed up with this now, it is dangerous to just cut out like this.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
NO they certainly do not have the best skills the only skill a main dealer has is the ability to hit you with a huge bill without cringing at the cost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO they certainly do not have the best skills the only skill a main dealer has is the ability to hit you with a huge bill without cringing at the cost.
I have always thought that, I have never been to one for that reason but they should be familiar with all the Peugeot faults, shouldn't they?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I have always thought that, I have never been to one for that reason but they should be familiar with all the Peugeot faults, shouldn't they?
You would expect so but in reality this forum is full of people who would rather pull out their own teeth with rusty pliers than trust a dealer :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts