Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having trouble with injector 2 blowing by, I have tried recutting the seat a couple of times but there is a black mark in one spot that won't go away. I have tried looking at it with a boroscope but still not 100% conclusive, pretty sure though that there is a pinhole from the seat through into the cylinder.

Before I write this car off as complete junk (see earlier thread for how fed I am getting with it!), does anyone have an idea roughly how much a recon cylinder head is for this engine?
Also roughly how much for fitting - I have changed heads before but I really don't have time to do it myself.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Changing the head is a long tedious job on this engine i would simply buy a complete other engine and swap it as cost wise it would end up cheaper i sell complete engines for £400 including shipping.

Recon head would be at least £200 then gasket set another £50 then all the small bits and pieces that crop up then the sheer time involved would take it over the full engine price

Timewise fitting the whole engine can easily be done in a day head work would be 2 days at least.

Once finished you sell your old engine to someone or use it for spares

You can buy engines cheaper than mine but i only sell good ones :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the head does look unnecessarily complicated, another reason I wasn't keen to tackle it!

What does a £400 complete engine include? Do you have one ready and are you open tomorrow - I'm going to Stirling anyway, I can easily change routes via Falkirk :)

I'm going to have to think carefully about this - like am I really sure about the parts I'll be swapping over....? How deeply buried at the back of my garage is my engine crane? How many miles can I get out of it with the injector smoking away before I can find time to do the transplant?

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I dont have any right now but it includes everything removed complete from running cars

full engine turbo starter alternator injectors as i say a complete engine

Only thing i remove is the cat

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is very tempting, I could wait until you have one and just keep running this one with my fingers crossed.

But I have quite a lot of miles to do in the next couple of months and not a lot of time to work on the car, I'm wondering if I should gamble on getting another car...

I could keep this one with a view to changing the engine later, but I'm in danger of becoming a vehicle horder! I have Vectra in the middle of a rear end re-build that I am struggling to find time to finish, and Sprinter that rusted faster than I could fix it which I still need to recover some stuff from and sell for spares.

Anyway, the immediate priority is to work out why the 307 has a massive oil leak since I worked on it on Friday, I'm hoping I twisted the gasket in the cam cover (seems to be coming from there) and it will be an easy fix... Of course the injector wells are all now full of oil so I can't see if they are blowing until I clean it all up again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts