Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 407 1.6 hdi (05 plate) for about 5 months now,its done 96k and I got it at a reasonable price..so when the MOT was due I was not surprised to find some work needing done. the list below is the work done
by my local garage to get it through the MOT.
replace both front ball joints.
replace nearside rear coil spring
replace nearside rear hub bearing
replace offside rear drop link
refit and re-grease both front c/v joints.
This cost £650 for the work to be done, after driving for a day, I started getting the abs warning and esp warning light flashing up.
Took the car back to the garage, and they say they think its a sensor needing replaced..they have run diagnostic test but say it could be more than one sensor.It will cost £170 to replace the one they think is causing the fault. I really have no idea about these things and think that the garage I've been using are at it.
I'm in the Glasgow area.....any help will be gratefully appreciated

·
Registered
909 Posts
I bet its the sensor on the wheel thats had is wheel bearin replaced. I would put money on it.

sent from my non apple product usin free autoguide.com

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sure, they probably damaged it somehow when changing the rear bearing.

Although I changed both my rear bearings last weekend and if they pay some attention while doing the job it should be very easy to avoid even touching the rear ABS sensor during the work.

·
5,026 Posts
Why does a garage that have run Diagnostics THINK it might be a sensor, surely diagnostics should have shown which sensor/s were faulty ??
When i had my last 407 diagnosed for abs sensors (thanks again John) it was both and both showed up in planet.

Also on eurocarparts a rear sensor for my 407 saloon is a whopping £28 :eek:
that's some mark-up for labour :nod:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts