Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just looking for opinions or advice really.

I had a 307 2.0 hdi quiksilver which I loved (apart from the built in swimming pool in the drivers footwell). We sold that when I had my son so we could get a bigger car.

Now I want to get another 307 and am torn between a 1.6 hdi se with 90000 or a 2L hdi XSi with 106000 on the clock. Have up to 3k to spend.

Are there any issues I should look out for with either model?

Thanks x

·
Registered
14,266 Posts
2 litre is the more reliable engine but both can be problematic especially if not maintained well

Turbo failure on 1.6 is mostly down to poor maintenance Peugeots long oil change intervals and downright abuse :)

Personally I would NEVER buy a 1.6.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The 2.0 XSI should be the 136bhp 16v diesel, if looked after makes for a really nice drive.

Won't be any more economical than the 1.6 despite being a 6 speed and will cost more to tax/insure, but still would be my choice.
(Ive a 2007 307sw se with the 136 HDI engine)

NOTE: at that sort of mileage you'll need to start to think about DPF, flywheel and cambelt issues.

·
11,711 Posts
I'm assuming one or both is the facelift model, with it being the 1.6?

Personally I'd get a late Mk1 model and go for the 2L 90bhp, go for an LX, GLX or SE.

·
11,711 Posts
If the car has an impeccable and up to date service history you should be fine, but as Ash says just be prepared for the usual parts which start to fail around this time.

On the other hand, it all depends on how the car's been previously owned and whether they're already done.

Assuming its a facelift model, if the owner has stuck to the "every ten years" rule for cambelt then it won't have been done, but if he's gone on the mileage it might.

Same with clutch, some town pootlers will go through a clutch as low as 40,000 miles. If the car has lived on the motorway it might last beyond 120,000.

P

·
0 Posts
Hi all

Just looking for opinions or advice really.

I had a 307 2.0 hdi quiksilver which I loved (apart from the built in swimming pool in the drivers footwell). We sold that when I had my son so we could get a bigger car.

Now I want to get another 307 and am torn between a 1.6 hdi se with 90000 or a 2L hdi XSi with 106000 on the clock. Have up to 3k to spend.

Are there any issues I should look out for with either model?

Thanks x
Up to 3K to spend? You can have mine :D

·
11,711 Posts
Or mine! 53 plate 2.0 SE, 1 former owner, not even 90k on the clock, full service history with cambelt and water pump already done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts