Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to this forum thing so please bear with me!

I've searched the forum for an answer, but still not sure...

I bought a 307 1.6 Hdi 90 last year with some history (last serviced 2009).

Last Saturday driving on the motorway at a steady 70, the engine management light came on and there was no power (could just maintain 70). This was accompanied by "Antipollution Fault" on the display. We managed to get home on low power mode and have driven it about 30 miles since. It won't rev above 3500rpm at all, feels like a duff turbo although I'm no expert. Just last night, however, 3 pings were heard from the dash, and "STOP low oil pressure" was displayed. The car had to be driven 3 miles like this due to a tired 3 year old. On starting the car this morning the STOP indication had gone but the car is still verrry sluggish. I don't have access to a fault code reader, but may book it in to the local garage if needed.

What I need to know is what the likely problem is. I'm quite prepared to do the work myself (read skint), but have never dealt with diesel engines (built a few petrol ones in my time).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all,

Quick update....we had the car on a diagnostic today, the only fault code was P0402. Apparently an EGR flow fault. No sign of the low oil pressure fault though.

The car is still in limp mode. Is this an obvious fix and where do I start to look?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help so far guys :)

Been quoted 190 plus VAT for EGR valve (Valeo unit). Is this an easy fit or do I need to call in the pros?

Anyone know who can flash the ECU to the latest software?

Thanks again

Marcus

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks for your help so far guys :)

Been quoted 190 plus VAT for EGR valve (Valeo unit). Is this an easy fit or do I need to call in the pros?

Anyone know who can flash the ECU to the latest software?

Thanks again

Marcus
Latest software comes off the server in France.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My friend had his golf 1.9TDi remapped and his turbo blew after a little while. Loads of faults afterwards-> ended up in limp mode and he had to take it back to VW to get it seen to, cost a £mint :/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts